Monday, August 13, 2007

Will this heat ever end?

It's even too hot to go to the pool! We go in the morning or in the evening, but never later than noon. If we go out we just melt. There is some relief in sight, though. By the end of the week we should have temps in the high 90s instead of the 100s. LOL! :) This heat is just crazy.

Another way we are beating the heat is making popsicles. When my mom and mother-in-law, Sandy, were here a couple weeks ago they found these cool popsicle maker sets that have a little straw in the side so you can sip out the melted part instead of having it drip all over. This doesn't work very well with an 18 month old, but she'll get the hang of it. She loves them anyway!

How are you keeping cool this summer?

4 comments:

Laura said...

Those are awesome! Where did you find those? They look like something from IKEA. Good luck getting through the heat! I hate Texas in July-Oct. You just feel like MELTING!

Michelle said...

I was just thinking the same thing as Laura. They look great and Carlee is so cute!!

It is hot here too. We are just staying inside. The boys want to go to the city pool one more time before school start but it doesn't open until 1:00. No way am I going out at the peak of HOT. We will just go swimming at the gym later tonight. That will be enough.

Julianne said...

They were from Bed Bath & Beyond. :)

katri said...

cute pops. I remmeber making these as a kid an loving it. (except mine was with an ice cube maker and toothpicks.)

Yep, Texas is hot. I was walking on the pavement barefoot thinking, "I was born and raised here... I should know better than to walk out here without shoes." But I just kept on walking. Maybe hoping that my natural born Texan identity would protect me from burned feet. So far, so good, my feet are fine.

But, it is time for a pedicure.