Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Tagged!


I was tagged last week by Michelle, so here goes. :) I did a little of this info a couple weeks ago on our anniversary, but there's some fun stuff, too.


Where did you meet your husband?
We met in Provo, UT, through a mutual friend (my friend was dating his roommate). I was just visiting for the weekend as I went to school down in Cedar City.


What was the first thing you said to your husband?
Not a clue. :) I doubt he would remember, either. Probably, "Hi."


Where was the first kiss? first date?
I guess our first date was to a fireside at BYU. We had just met the day before. He just couldn't stay away, huh hon?!


First kiss was when he came down to Cedar to visit me. We were hugging goodbye for the evening and it turned into a little more...


Did you have a long or short courtship/engagement?
Short both. We met Feb. 14, got engaged April 2, married August 8, all in the same year.


Where did you get engaged?
In front of the Christus statue at the St. George Temple visitors center. He "snuck" down from Provo, skipping classes, to surprise me. He just couldn't wait any longer. He had the ring and he had talked to my parents so it was all set, he just had to ask! He showed up at my apt. next to my car as I was getting ready to go back up to campus to check e-mail again since there had "mysteriously" not been any messages from him for a few hours (that was unusual for us). :) He took me to dinner at a Chinese restaurant (where I ate one of those really spicy red peppers thinking it was a carrot a little on the burned side). Then he blindfolded me and took me to the temple grounds. He made me sit out in the hall at the visitors center while he set it all up inside (meaning he talked to the sisters in there and had them ready with the camera). Then he took me in and stopped in front of the Christus and took off the blindfold. He did the whole knee thing and asked me to marry him. Obviously, I said YES and the sister missionary took some pics of the whole thing. The cool thing was she was back there when we got married, too!


Where did you get married?
St. George, UT Temple. Family tradition, somewhat. We had the same room that my parents did and many of my aunts, uncles, and cousins. We were sealed by my Grandpa. That was really neat.


How did the reception go?
The night of the wedding we had an open house in Cedar City for family and friends in the area. We had one a week later in OH, where my family was living, and then one in Michigan, where Ben is from. It was crazy, but I got to wear my dress a ton. That was a lot of fun! They were all very nice and the food was yummy. Ben and I sang together at the one in OH. That was neat.


How was the honeymoon?
Pretty darn good. :) We spent the first 2 nights at my grandparents cabin and then we drove to Avon, CO, where we stayed in a condo. We went white water rafting down the Colorado River. It was really fun.


I tag: Rebecca, Jenni, Lanae, and Stephanie.

2 comments:

Rochelleht said...

How nice that you were married in the same room as you parents, etc. I'm sure that was really special. I was married in the same room as all my brothers and by the same man (a friend from my parents' ward).

Laura said...

I love to read about people's love story- funny how there are so many "roommate" stories.