Friday, August 24, 2007

Meeting the teachers!

Sorry, I don't have any cute pics, but the girls did wear their new sundresses so you get the gist. Last night was "Meet the Teachers" night at the kids' elementary school. I would say it went fairly well. We started at the kindergarten hallway and Megan would not even look at her teacher. She finally came out from behind me when she offered Megan a sticker and asked which color she would like. We found out that Megan's best friend will be in her class! Hopefully that will make the drop-off Monday easier. I'm a little nervous about her.

Brandon's teacher was next and amazingly, his best fried is in his class, too (brother of Megan's friend)! I hope he has a great year. His teacher is supposed to be really awesome so I hope and pray that she has the skills and patience to help him in the ways that he needs her to.

Kate is another small worry. Turns out that her teacher is a "boy," as she calls him. He's a new teacher at the school this year. I totally did not expect a male teacher, but I'm sure he is great. He was very quiet last night so I didn't get a good feel for what his class will be like. He was in the military for 20 years and I think he's been teaching for 2. We'll see how it goes!

So begins another year of early mornings, lunch making, and hauling kids. Should be fun! :)

4 comments:

Laura said...

This is our first year to get ready for school. They tested all the kindergarden kids last week and they are placing them in classes by Monday. It is a bit nerve racking!

PS- how are you liking the area and the ward? any new move ins?

Katrina said...

That's so great that Brandon and Megan have friends in their classes. We found out last night that my oldest has her best girl friend from last year's class in her class this year, too! We must have missed you last night!

Megan said...

We have already started school and I love having some quiet time. It sounds like you have some great teachers. Last year I taught with a guy and he was so fun. The kids loved him. Let me know how is goes?

katri said...

I am so excited for school to start for two of my kids. They are ready and will have a great time.