Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Finally

I believe all our travels are now over. It has been so crazy! I returned home from Utah last Wednesday evening and then left with Ben Friday evening for a 10th anniversary getaway weekend. My mom and sister are here and they were so great to stay with the kids so we could go. We spent it at a bed and breakfast, Creekhaven Inn, down in Wimberley, TX, south of Austin in the middle of hill country. It was just beautiful. The room was French country and very pretty and the breakfast each morning was heavenly. We spend most of the day Saturday at Schlitterbahn, the huge water park down in New Braunfels. Ben had a blast. I enjoyed it, the water rides were way fun, but I hate standing in long lines. We will not be doing something like that again for an anniversary--sorry hon. Saturday evening we found the best little German restaurant not far from the water park. It was started by a German family who immagrated here, I think, in 2001. The food was totally authentic and so so so yummy! I can't remember the name of it, but I'll find it and toot their horn so if any of you are ever down there you can check it out. It was really great. Here are some pics of the beautiful inn we stayed at. It was right by the river down a very country road and we listened to the bullfrogs each night.


We drove home Sunday morning. My mother-in-law and Ben's cousin and her husband flew in Sunday for Mary Kay Seminar in Dallas and they all came over for dinner Sunday evening. That was so much fun. Then I headed back to Dallas with them for Seminar, which was Monday morning to this afternoon. So after all my vacations with the kids and Ben I was able to get some really awesome girl time the last couple of days. Mary Kay takes such good care of us so we had a great time. Our minds and souls were filled to the brim and overflowed with excitement, encouragement, belief, and faith. I am so excited to finally get my business up and going here in our new area and enrich the lives of women around me by helping them feel better about themselves. That's what it's all about (the products are pretty amazing, too!).

4 comments:

Rochelleht said...

I'm almost out of concealer, so glad to know where I can get it.

That inn looked beautiful!

We did Schlitterbaun a few years ago sans kids and I won't go again. Very over-rated. I mean, were there no people there, it would have been great, but I agree, the lines were TOO long. We waited 2 HOURS for ONE roller coaster (billed the largest water coaster in the world) NOT NOT NOT worth it.

Laura said...

I AM SO GLAD YOU WERE ABLE TO GET AWAY! WHAT A PRETTY PLACE!

Jenni said...

Congrats on the anniversary trip, always fun and rejuvenating to get away minus the children. I like family vacations but my best memories are when it's just CW and I for a few days time stands still.

I blogged about MK too. My cousin was at the convention and we hooked up Wednesday for lunch. So glad you found it uplifting. I always find TOFW that way but didn't go last year. I am thinking about going in October because it is in Plano. Would you want to go???? A thought.

Jenni said...

Congrats on the anniversary trip, always fun and rejuvenating to get away minus the children. I like family vacations but my best memories are when it's just CW and I for a few days time stands still.

I blogged about MK too. My cousin was at the convention and we hooked up Wednesday for lunch. So glad you found it uplifting. I always find TOFW that way but didn't go last year. I am thinking about going in October because it is in Plano. Would you want to go???? A thought.