Saturday, August 18, 2007

Saturday Musings

Not much going on, but I felt like blogging. Ben and Brandon are off on their first scout fishing trip today. I'm really glad they can do this together. I am happy whenever they get to spend some time together. Of course, we didn't have any fishing gear, so they had fun shopping before the trip. It looks like a good day for it, too, as it is overcast, but not raining...yet.



Yesterday I got Carli's room finally cleaned out and the clothes that she has outgrown into a container and pulled out the next couple sizes up. It looks so cute! I'm dying to paint and get some more cute things to put on the walls. Her theme is Raggedy Ann and Andy, but very muted. Her crib and changing table (which is only used for storage now) are a pretty red cherry finish. I want to paint the walls a soft red or maybe blue. She has a Raggedy Ann quilt wall hanging that I finally hung up yesterday and I have this picture I need to get printed in a large size and frame.


Carli is the baby on the far left. When I was pregnant with Carli there were 7 or 8 other moms at church who were pregnant at the same time. It was so much fun. Before we moved from Cedar Park (3 days before) we got some of the babies together for a picture. I just love it and it's such a great memory of all my wonderful friends there. I thought it would be such a fun picture to have in her room!

Any design tips you want to leave me would be much appreciated! I can't wait to get going on all my projects in our new home. It's going to be a long process because I can only do a little at a time. I'll update with pics and such as I go!

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

What a fun baby picture! It's very cute.

Rochelleht said...

That's a great picture!

We're going to clean out old clothes next week so we can make room for school clothes.

Michelle said...

That is the cutest baby picture!! What a great idea!

I cleaned out my older two boys cloths before school started, but I still have to do Garrik's. He has outgrown all his pants. Time sure does go by fast!

Laura said...

What a FUN picture!! So sweet and so meaningful!

Packing up the outgrown clothes- for some reason is fun for me! I like bringing in the new ones and packing up those old ones!