Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Remembering September 11



Michelle had this on her blog and I hope she doesn't mind my posting it, too. It really touched me. I remember the morning well. I had not turned on the TV that morning and I was heading to Ann Arbor (we were living in Michigan at the time) to attend an Institute class at the church. On the way I called my mother-in-law for directions to the church (it was not our local one) and she got crying. I had no idea why, of course. She thought I was calling to talk about what was happening so she had to tell me. It did not hit me what was really happening. I turned on the radio and listened for the rest of the drive (about 1/2 hour). It was hard to concentrate on Isaiah when I was wondering what was happening. There were whispers that one of the towers had fallen. When I got home I was glued to the TV for the next couple days. I was so sad, frustrated, confused. I pray that we all still remember. We still need to pray for those who were so affected on that day. We need to pray for our country. We need to pray for our government. We need to pray for the men and women fighting for our freedom and for freedom of people all over the world. Keep our flags flying!

On another note, today is my parents' wedding anniversary. I hope you guys have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

Katrina said...

It's something that will live with us for the rest of our lives, I'm sure. Thanks for helping me remember what an important day this is.

Michelle said...

I'm happy that you posted the video on your blog too! We should always remember what happened that day. And always honor our soldier.

Laura said...

I couldn't stop watching tv and crying for days after this happened!

I am SO thankful that we live in America and that we have so many wonderful people out there serving us and protecting us and giving their very lives. What a blessing!