Monday, September 24, 2007

Hubby's Birthday!

Friday we celebrated Ben's birthday. We had a family night in with pizza and cake, games, and a movie. He's 4 years older than I am, but what does that matter, right? :) When we got married he was almost robbing the cradle. Hee, hee. Anyway, it was a fun evening. He had requested carrot cake so the kids wouldn't even touch it. Yesterday they finally tried it and loved it. Too funny how the name of something (especially when it has a vegetable in the title) can totally turn the kids off from even trying it. Brandon picked out the electronic Deal or No Deal game to give to Daddy so we had fun playing that after dinner. It's actually a pretty fun game. I think I've got the record so far of winning $618,000! Too bad it's not real! We also gave him the movie We Are Marshall so after the kids were in bed Ben and I watched it. It's a good flick, but the story is sad. It ends up pretty positive, though. So here are some fun pictures from our party.

Kate waiting for the pizza!Hug from Kate.Ben loves cracking up the kids with his funny faces. He was all over it while he was opening his gifts. Too cute!Playing Deal or No Deal. Dad, you need some more pizza! Blowing out the candles.
Me and Ben.

7 comments:

Laura said...

Birthdays are the best! Looks like you guys had fun!!

Tip Junkie said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like a good time.

Katrina said...

How fun! That game sounds like a blast! It's one of my hubby's fav shows! (Or one of the only ones he watches. Potatoes, potahtoes.)

Megan said...

It looks like a great party. I love those times when we are all together as a family!

Michelle said...

Looks like you guys had a great day. Tell your hubby happy birthday from me.

Erin Fonnesbeck said...

I noticed he only had 5 candles on his cake. :) I think you forgot a few.

So, do you recommend that movie for kids? Isn't it PG? I am thinking it is Disney?

Julianne said...

Erin, we only had 6 candles in the whole house and the 6th one didn't fit when I was spacing them on the cake. LOL! I figured it didn't matter much anymore how many candles are on the cake. The kids just like to see (or help) him blow them out. :)

Yeah, I think the movie is only PG. You'll have to see to decide if your kids will want to see it. I don't think mine would care much about it, but Brandon isn't in to football and the girls would have no desire!