Thursday, September 6, 2007

Ant Bites

Wow, everyone, you set a record for the most comments on my blog on that last post. I really appreciate and love hearing from you all! :)

Last night I took Brandon to soccer practice. I set Carli down in the grass right at my feet while I was talking to another parent about soccer and boy scouts. Several minutes later Carli started whimpering so I looked down and her right arm was covered with ants! I felt horrible! I quickly picked her up and knocked the ants off of her, ripped her clothes off to get off the ones that were under her shirt. Sure enough, I turn around and there is the ant bed about a foot and a half behind where I was standing. I'm usually so careful about watching for these areas, but I guess I'm out of practice. I haven't been to a park around her for quite a while since I was in Utah all summer and then it being too hot here for playing at a park. We jumped in the car and brought her home. She doesn't seem to mind them. She probably has 20 bites on her little arm, but that's the only place she got bit. Poor baby!

3 comments:

Rochelleht said...

UGH! I HATE those things! They seem to last me forever. I hope she gets over them soon.

Michelle said...

OMG! I'm with you Rochelle, I HATE fire ants. I remember going to the boys soccer practices and games and not being able to put so much as a toe in the grass. One thing is for sure, I DON'T miss those ants. Hope she is feeling better. Poor thing!!

Laura said...

Those things are terrible! That's why we are in the business of killing them!