Thursday, October 11, 2007

Fabulous Girls Night!

Tonight was my first time hosting Mavens, a group of friends who get together once a month for a girls night. It was so fun! I thought it might be fun to do a beauty theme night so we did pedicures and all had beauty tips to share (except for Laurie, but her tip was still awesome!). It was a total blast. We soaked our feet with rosemary mint foot fizzies and used a mint foot scrub lotion and then painted our toes. We even added flower stickers to our big toes. I'll have to get some pics of the finished toes from Katri, who took a whole bunch. Here are the pictures I got (only a couple).

Nicole, Rochelle, and Katrina--posing for a couple different cameras that were going off at the same time. :)
Katrina gets the royal treatment from Laurie. Katrina didn't want to ruin her brand new blue manicure (from a mommy/daughter date yesterday) to get the polish off her toes so Laurie was so kind as to help her out!
We also had some of my favorite "treats." I promised I would post the recipes so here they are!


Jalapeno Ranch Dip
16 oz. sour cream
1 Ranch dip seasoning packet
pickeled jalapenos (to taste--I put about 1/2 c. in)
a handful of cilantro leaves
Throw it all in the blender and blend it up! I also added a little buttermilk (you can use regular milk, too) to thin it out a little. Serve with any kind of tortilla chip (you can also use it in tacos, etc.) Enjoy!


Gooey Butter Cake
(this has been a family fave for years and it's always a hit at parties)
1 yellow cake mix
1 egg
1/2 c. butter
*Blend together and spread on bottom of 9x13" pan.
Then blend together:
8 oz. cream cheese
2 eggs
2-3 cups powdered sugar
*Pour over the crust. Bake at 325 for 45 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar as soon as you take them out of the oven. They look just like lemon bars, but they taste much better! ;)

8 comments:

Laura said...

Looks like FUN! I could use a little GNO!

Rochelleht said...

Oh my gosh, that was so fun! You were such a great hostess! The food was fantastic and the pedi's were a blast! I had such a great time! Thanks soooo much!!

Kari said...

Sounds like a fun night! The recipes look good too. You are brave for allowing nail polish in a room that is carpeted!!

Anonymous said...

It was such a fun night! Hey can you e-mail us the tips so I can post them on my blog too? Thanks girl!

Lyndsee Bates said...

Wish I could have attended :( Looks like you had so much fun!!

Michelle said...

That looks like such a blast! And the recipes sound yummie!

Colleen said...

that does look like a blast!

Katrina said...

I had such a great time! What a cool idea! I think you should make it an annual thing!