Saturday, May 19, 2007

Worn Out

These past couple of days have me completely worn out. At least I've gotten a bit of a tan and some more freckles from it all! Yesterday was field day at Brandon and Kate's elementary school. We headed to the school at 9 am and got to witness the teachers having their 15 minutes of fame by hula-hooping and tp wrapping and then the kids got to run the high school track and do the Cha-Cha-Shuffle (or something like that). It was way cute. Then Ben headed to work and I headed home about 10:30 to put Carli down for a nap. Carli wakes up, we have lunch, and I head back to the school for the rest of field day. They were now doing the fun little relays and stations with each of the classes. There was hula-hooping, jump-roping, snowball relay, tennis balls in a bucket relay, sidewalk chalk drawing, and a bounce house. The kids had a blast and we all got a lot of sun. I got a lot of great pics, too. I'll post them once I figure out how to get through the network to the downstairs computer and post them through this computer. For now you'll just have to believe me. :)

After field day I brought all the kids home and we headed to the pool I had promised them pool time Thursday, but we ended up not going, so we spent a good hour there before Megan's kickball game. Ran home after the pool, dressed everyone, fed them and headed down to the kickball field (which is a good 25 minutes away during rush hour--one reason I do not want to do kickball again). Thankfully, Megan's games only last about 40 minutes and we were home by 8 or so. Carli went right to bed and then it was movie night. The kids have been watching Night at the Museum every weekend since it came out so last night was no exception. I wasn't really in the mood so I hung out downstairs on the computer. I was very out of it and basically wallowing in self pity. Having Ben work the late shift has been, let's just say, not so great for our relationship. I am so worked up all day dealing with kids, sports, homework, messes, tantrums, kids' friends, dinner, more messes, bedtime, that by the time he gets home I'm in a bad mood and hardly even talk to him. I'm exhausted by 10 (when he gets home) and usually fall asleep watching the news and even though we decided together for him to take this shift for a few weeks, I feel upset at him for having to work like that, which is so not fair. I feel horrible for feeling that way. I really don't want to complain. He works so hard and has a really great job. I feel like I have just been pulled to the breaking point with all this. I have had no breaks at all. I belong to an awesome book club and Mavens group (just a group of friends who get together for a fun evening once a month) and haven't been able to attend any of that. That time to me is so so so important so I can get in some girl chat time, some treats, and just some time to rejuvenate myself. I always come home with a smile on my face and a spring in my step from one of these outings. I also have not had a date with Ben in a very long time. Oh, we went to the Josh Groban concert in March (my Christmas present from last year) and that was really really great, but that's been it. I need some more time with him. Right now I feel like all I do is mom stuff--not a bash on motherhood because that's my purpose--but mom's need some time without the kids, away from the messes and tantrums, to just feel like a woman and have fun. Ok, off of that tangent...

Today has been insane as well. Started out at the kickball field again at 8:45 this morning. Megan had her last game as a Butterfly and then Kate had a game that started at 10:30. Ben left the fields at 10 to head to work for his last day on this shift (YAY!) and then Kate's game started at 10:30. It didn't end until 12:30 or so and then she decided she wanted to go to a teammate's birthday party today, which she had previously said she didn't want to go to, so I had to make room for that in the afternoon. We ran home, ate lunch, and got Brandon ready for his baseball game, then headed to the store to get the birthday present. Ran home, wrapped it and filled the water bottle for Brandon and then dropped him off at 2:45 at the baseball field for his warm-up before the game. Then drove over to McDonald's and dropped Kate at the birthday party, which started at 3. Got there shortly after 3, talked to the grandma of the girl to let her know I couldn't stay and drove back to the baseball field to watch what I could of Brandon's game. Watched for 45 minutes and then headed back to get Kate from the party. She, thankfully, came right away and I didn't have to fight with her, and went back to see the end of Brandon's game. Brandon did well, but they lost. He got a good hit, though! Went home after the baseball game and the kids wanted to go back to the pool. Quick change and we were back at the pool. I got some cute pics of them today. I'll work on posting those, too. At 6:15 we came back home and figured out some dinner, put Carli to bed, and the kids watched Hercules. I, for some reason, decided to start a blog in that time so here I am. It's now 9:39 pm and they are still not in bed. Bad mommy...at least Ben is hom a little early. :) (Chanting in my head...it's not his fault...it's not his fault...it's not his fault...)

OK, gotta run for now. I'm sorry this feels very down, but I'm kind of in that mood...maybe it's just pms...

Ok, now for the good stuff.

No comments: