Monday, May 21, 2007

It feels so good!

To have a clean laundry room! I have never taken the time since we moved into this house (Oct. '06) to really give the laundry room (one of my favorite rooms because it's so huge) a good cleaning and organizing session. It looks awesome! I think I'm even inspired to paint. :) I got a throw rug to go in front of the washer that is blue, green, and yellow. I would love to paint the walls a creamy sunny yellow color and paint some flowers around by the ceiling. I need to get a bench for the kids to sit on to put their shoes on, but for now, at least the floor is uncluttered, swept, the dryer cleared off, and everything else up on shelves. Yay!

Here's an "after" pic. Sorry, I was not going to take pictures of how it was before. :)


Here are my plans for the laundry room besides the painting: Install cupboards above the washer and dryer instead of just the shelf that's there; Along the back wall we want to install shelving for food storage; On the left side there I would like to have little cubbies for the kids to put their things and also a countertop to fold clothes onto. Someday...

No comments: