Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Taco Bowls

Last night we had taco salad for dinner. It's one of our favorites. However, this time Ben wanted to have real taco salad bowls made with a tortilla. So, we tried it out! They turned out pretty neat! The kids thought they were very cool. First we crisped the tortilla in some butter (you could use oil) and sprinkled it with salt. Then we placed it on top of a large cup and place a bowl over it. We let it cool and when we took it off the cup it was a great little taco bowl! We used the large burrito size tortillas. It was fun and we'll definitely do it again. We filled them with lettuce, tomato, chili, cheese, sour cream, salsa, ranch dressing, and crushed tortilla chips.
Here is the documentation of the event. (Pretty exciting, huh?!) LOL!
This was Kate's salad. She had lettuce, chili, cheese, sour cream, and a little salsa.

I don't know why Kate thinks doing this in every picture lately is funny, but she does.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

That is the best idea ever!! And how fun for the kids to make their own "bowl". I'll have to do that for dinner one night. You rock!!

Rochelleht said...

Mmmm.. that looks so good!

Lyndsee Bates said...

That is a great idea! I may have to do that!! Hope all is well! We miss you guys!!!!

Erin Fonnesbeck said...

Oh my gosh! I love it! Totally going to try it! What kind of chili do you put inside? Do you make your chili?

Julianne said...

Erin,
We just used canned chili (Wolf brand, I think), but I love to make my own and prefer it. I'll have to post my recipe sometime. :)