Friday, March 21, 2008

Dallas Zoo and EQ Derby

Today I took the kids to the Dallas Zoo. My cousin, Stephanie (and her hubby, Richard) who lives over in the Dallas area, has all her family in town (my aunt, uncle, and cousins) for the blessing of their new baby this weekend. We met them at the zoo and had a fun afternoon! It was such a gorgeous day. However, the it seems everyone decided today would be the perfect zoo day, so...there was no parking at all. It was awful. We waited forever just to get off the freeway at the exit only to find that the lots were all ful and they were just telling people to find a place on the street. Anyway, we finally made it into the zoo and the girls met up with their favorite second cousin, Addy. They have been so excited that she was coming to TX! They are so cute together and all get along very well. Here they are together:
Carli was sometimes more interested in the leaves on the ground than the animals.



There was this tree that they just couldn't resist climbing on. I got some cute pictures from it!Carli really surprised me. This was so funny. She must have watched the girls at gymnastics more than I thought (mostly she just ran around the rec center). She actually climbed up onto these park benches and put her arms out (the picture wasn't what she looked like the whole time--usually her arms were straight out) and walk like she was on the balance beam! It was so cute! I've got to get her into lessons early. ;)Here is my cousin, Steph, and her sweet little girl, Eliza, who I just gushed over. I can't wait to go over there tomorrow and just hold and snuggle her! She is so beautiful and precious (so is Steph, of course). :)This was right before we left. They were so good to sit and pose--sort of--for this picture. Brandon actually tried to smile instead of refusing to even be in the picture, which is the norm for him. By the end he had had enough, too. I'm so glad he gave me this picture to post!


After the zoo we made it home in time to make dinner and a treat to take to the Elders Quorum activity tonight which was a Dad's Pinewood Derby. I can't tell you how much fun Ben had getting his car ready. It was a fun activity. Here are the dad's (and some sons) enjoying the evening:


2 comments:

Kari said...

Oh, it looks like it was a fabulous day!! Love that pic of Carli on the bleachers!! Boy do these babies grow up fast! :)

Lyndsee Bates said...

You guys had a busy day!!! I am impressed with Carli, you do need to get her in to Gymnastics!!! Glad to see Ben having fun with the EQ, our ward is having an EQ Enrichment night now. I think they are feeling left out or something HAHA it is fun though male bonding time is important!!!