Friday, March 21, 2008

Another Milestone

Today Kate got her ears pierced! She was so excited and has been talking about it for a long time. It was a bit of an early birthday present, but also a bit of a bribe. She has sucked on her finger (no thumb for her!) since she was a baby. It is most definitely time she stop. I told her she could get her ears pierced early if she stopped sucking her finger. It worked! She has done really well and I haven't seen her suck her finger at all. That doesn't mean she goes off and sucks it when I don't see her because I check to make sure it is dry. So we headed off this morning. She wasn't really nervous until we got there. She picked out adorable little pink heart earrings. She sat on my lap and 2 ladies did it at the same time--thank goodness! I don't think anyone would let them do it again after only one since it takes them by surprise. She was a bit shocked by how it felt. She was kind of sad, but didn't really cry. She was pretty brave! She was fine a few minutes later and was glad it didn't hurt for long. So here she is with her new earrings!

1 comment:

Katrina said...

We just did it, too! In fact, my oldest is downstairs right now cleaning her ears. Cute earrings! I, of course, picked the biggest ones for my girl.