Sunday, March 23, 2008

Faith in our Savior, Jesus Christ


I reflected a lot this Easter about my testimony of Jesus Christ. As a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints I have a testimony of Christ as my Savior, Redeemer, Brother, Lord, Comforter. He is the head of our church, our books of scripture testify of Him, He is our example and we live our lives to be more like him. How can I deny this? I have no doubt in my mind that Jesus lives.

I found a "friend" this week online. I was blog searching names of people I have known in my life. Where I found this person makes me sick. It was on a website basically trying to "save the world from Mormons." This person was a member of the church, has been through the temple, has a family. How can he deny the truths that he has known. This person is one who has to "know" with facts and is not able to rely on faith to come to the truth and I believe just feels the need to argue about everything--the gospel being this person's life mission to reject now. It makes my heart so sad.

It also makes me rejoice in the rock that is my testimony. I know that Jesus is my Savior. I believe in the power of prayer. I know that we have a Heavenly Father who hears our prayers and answers us. I know that we all have a plan and a purpose on this earth. I know the Bible to be true. The Book of Mormon is also be the word of God and is another testament of Jesus Christ.
I am gloriously happy to be raising a family in the gospel. Though life is not perfect and fun and easy all the time, that is how we learn and grow and become closer to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I know that Joseph Smith was Heavenly Father's tool (for lack of a better word--I'm not so good with words :)...) to bring the restored gospel back to the earth. He was a true prophet of God.

It brings me much peace to know that we have a living prophet on the earth today, Thomas S. Monson. With all the turmoil in the world today--especially politically--I am grateful to have a leader I can look to and rely on to help us in these latter days. What an amazing blessing this is!

I am just grateful on this Easter Sunday for my life and the blessings of my family and the gospel. It is all I need.

2 comments:

Rochelleht said...

Thank you so much for sharing your testimony. I am so glad I was able to read that before going to bed tonight.

You guys look great! Rebecca wore that same skirt today! :-)

Megan said...

This was a wonderful, beautiful post. Thanks for sharing your powerful testimony. Your family looks so precious! I love your outfits.