Thursday, January 3, 2008

Christmas Eve

Ok, backtracking a bit here, but I need to get it documented for my own sake. :) Here's our Christmas Eve! Ben's parents flew into town that morning and we had a festive evening. NaNa and Megan started with dipping these beautiful strawberries in chocolate to eat that night.

Here's Megan lining them up for dipping.

Nana showing Megan how to dip the strawberries in the melted chocolate. All the girls together! Those strawberries were scrumptious! Thanks NaNa!
Carli and NaNa smiling for me. Here's Ben getting our Christmas tradition ready--chicken wings! There were soooo yummy! After the food it was time for the kids to open their Christmas Eve gift. This year they were from NaNa and PaPa! They were so excited!
Matching nightgowns for the girls and pjs for Brandon! They loved them. Brandon was not so hot about his, though.However, once he put them on and pretended he could 'fly' he thought they were pretty fun. ;)Carli wanted to try on the slippers Kate and Megan got. They don't make these ones small enough for her!Here they are all ready for Christmas. So cute!

Brandon was kind of bummed that the only gift they were able to open was clothes so I let them open one other thing that was from one of their siblings. Carli was just starting to discover this gift-opening thing.Brandon got a Transformer.
Carli opened this cute chunky puzzle. It's darling! She played with it for the next hour and just love it.After gifts we just hung out and played around. Here are Carli and Daddy. They are so cute! No question where my kids got their big beautiful blue eyes! (Megan's are green, however, thanks to me).
There is a picture of me when I was little just like this so I love this one of Carli! I don't think I have the picture (maybe I do--I'll have to check), but I would love to put them next to each other.This post is starting to seem one-sided--Carli. :) She was just so cute that night and having so much fun. Here she is putting an ornament on the tree. She really didn't bother the tree much the past several weeks, but once in a while she would go take one off and try to put it back on. Megan and PaPa playing!

Stay tuned...next time I'll get Christmas Day posted!

9 comments:

Chanda said...

That chef's hat is darling! Cute cute pics. I love looking at your blog - you can really see all the joy in your life. Happy New Year!

Lyndsee Bates said...

I love the hat on Megan, looks like you guys had a fun and festive Holiday Season! Gabe would love to have Guitar Hero, I would too though. Fun times. We got your Christmas card today thanks it was really cute!

Liz said...

See, that right there is why I wanted more than 1 girl. I LOVE matching outfits! They're adorable!

You're right though, Carli looks too cute- especially with her pigtails and slippers! :)

Katrina said...

Such fun family times! I love Christmas.

Colleen said...

Okay, first off, that hat is SOOO cute! Where did you get it?!
Looks like you guys had a blast!

Laura said...

Looks like a GREAT night!! How fun the have the grandparents there too!

Erin Fonnesbeck said...

Those are great pictures! You capture just the perfect moments. :)

Rochelleht said...

Oh, how adorable! Those pj's are soooo cute and your babe is a doll.

Victoria said...

Looks like a fun day, and yummy food too! :)