Friday, January 11, 2008

Christmas Day!

Ok, I know it's now practically the middle of January, but I need to post Christmas morning pictures! It was such a fun day with my inlaws, Wayne and Sandy, here with us. The kids had a blast and so did we! There are tons of pics because the grandparents like to download them off my site.

My mom sent me this great Tast of Home cookbook and pretty apron. I have used them a ton already. Ben got me GREAT thing for my camera--a tripod, and cleaning pen for the lense, and wireless remote.
We gave our dads these aprons with the kids' picture on them. They both thought they were pretty cool. This is Ben's dad, Wayne, sporting his lovely apron. ;)

Here he is again using the apron! Every Christmas morning it is tradition in my family to make abelskivers. They are little round Norwegian pancakes that are sooo yummy. Wayne became a pro at cooking them.Here's Megan enjoying Christmas breakfast.


Megan, NaNa, and Brandon at breakfast.Kate was sooo enthusiastic over all her gifts. It was so cute. This was the thing he asked Santa for, the 2007 Holiday Barbie. I got a few of those when I was young, too.
All Megan wanted was Hungy, Hungry Hippos! She was excited to get it. I, however, cringe everytime I hear that game going. It's fun, but what a crazy game!
Here's Megan in pink! She got that fun headband in her stocking and she's looking over the jewelry box she and Kate received.
Brandon was in Lego heaven! Santa gave him this really neat Fire Boat that actually has a motor and he spent a while in the bathtub that afternoon playing with it. He had it put together pretty quickly! He is so good at these sets. He also had help from PaPa. They gave him a fun lego Mars set. It's like a space car or something like that. Grandma and Grandpa sent him a fire truck and fire helicopter to go in his Lego City.

He LOVES Monopoly so when he saw this Sponge Bob Monopoly he had to have it. :) Here's Kate with another very excited face when she opened her HSM 2 DVD. She also got the soundtrack.
I've been going to get Ben a personal trimmer :) for quite a while now. I finally got it this year and you can see how happy he was about it! (Ha, ha...he got a good laugh out of it)
Since the Cowboys have been doing so well and we live in Dallas I figured it was time he had a Cowboys t-shirt. Funny story--he wore it to work a couple days later and after finally taking his jacket off late in the day he went over and was talking to somebody when they reached up and pulled that size sticker off his shirt. LOL!
Here's Kate in her new duds ready to go see the movie Enchanted. She got the headband, jacket, pants, and boots for Christmas. She was stylin'! Ben found this crazy heart-shaped potato while we were getting dinner ready! Is that not the craziest thing?!
I set up the camera on my new tripod and took a picture of all of us at the table for Christmas dinner with my wireless remote! So cool!!!

4 comments:

Kari said...

Looks like the kids really liked their LOOT!!!

Rochelleht said...

That is a cool set-up for the camera! Good for Ben. As an Idaho girl, I gotta say, I LOVE the potato!!

Monson Family said...

Looks like so much fun! And don't worry, I haven't posted all my christmas pictures either! It takes time for your world to be put back together after Christmas!

Colleen said...

Oh that looks like so much fun! I love the picture of Ben with his trimmer...his face is priceless. Don't feel like your puttings yours up too late, I haven't even put any up at all yet! Maybe that will be my next post. I'm lazy!