Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Another New Year post

I'm posting a ton today so be sure to scroll down. ;) Don't want to miss anything. Hee, hee.

Last night we spent the evening with some friends from church. It was a family we haven't really had a chance to get to know very well so it was really fun! There was Dance, Dance Revolution, Guitar Hero, and tons of yummy food and people to talk to. It was a great night. We gave up at 10:45 and took the kids home. Poor Carli was still wanting to fight sleep, but as soon as we got home she was out. Ben and I rang in the new year with some sparkling peach juice. Festive, eh?! Then I got in bed and finished my book Ben got me for Christmas, Book of a Thousand Days, by Shannon Hale, which I completely recommend to everyone. I loved it! I read most of it yesterday so I just had to finish it last night!

Here are all the girls (there were lots of them!) drawing and coloring on the paper. What a great idea. This kept them busy for quite a while.Brandon jammin' away to Motley Crue on Guitar Hero. He was really getting into it. :)Ben on Guitar Hero. Megan thought it was pretty neat, too.I didn't notice until we were leaving that Brandon had brought all his little stuffed puppies and strapped them into the backseat with him. I thought that was so sweet. Carli is ready to go home! Look at that tired face.

5 comments:

Liz said...

Wow you've been a busy woman! I read all of your posts- great pics and great activities!

Happy New Year!
-Liz

Kari said...

Looks like a fun time! I'll have to look into that book!!

Katrina said...

We're loving Guitar Hero over here, too! Though my kids get frustrated that they can't do it by themselves!

Megan said...

Looks like a fun time was had by everyone! The paper is a great idea!

Rochelleht said...

I love that butcher paper and crayons idea. I will definitely have to employ that at some point. Glad you guys had so much fun!