Tuesday, June 5, 2007

A Very Sad Post

There's a board that I go to every day to chat with other LDS moms. Many of the sisters on the board have known each other for years. There are a few that I have known via the internet (and met a couple in person) since my older 2 kids were just toddlers. This board is a wonderful place for these sisters to come together to share funny stories, recipes, say "How are ya today?" or share difficult times. There is one sister who has been battling very deep depression. She has 3 beautiful children and a husband she's been married to for over 12 years. Last week she saw a dr who was really good and was ready to help her out. The next day she saw another dr (I'm not sure of why the different doctors and such, this info was from another sister on the board) who basically told her to buck it up and go home to cry in her pillow. This was not what she needed to hear. She's been on lots of medications, trying to find one to help her. Last night her dear husband came on the board and posted that she had lost her battle with depression that morning (they live in Australia). Unfortunately, her depression was so deep that she did not know where else to turn and it just needed it to end. I did not know this sister very well, but I feel this deep sadness that she went through this and the world has lost a very sweet and wonderful woman. I guess this is my little tribute to her. She always talked about how much she loved her husband and children. I have never dealt with depression to that extent and I can only imagine what was tearing this beautiful sister apart inside. I don't know what else to say. I'm just so sad.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That poor sister and her family. It's hard to know what others are going through if you haven't dealt with it yourself. Thanks for sharing. It certainly puts things in perspective.

Rochelleht said...

Wow, that's so terrible! Holy cow! That's a real mind-blower. That was a very nice tribute, Julianne.

katri said...

That is very sad.
Thanks for sharing this tribute.
so sad.