Friday, June 29, 2007

Father's Day

I was happy to be able to spend Father's Day this year with my dad and with my hubby. It was a nice day. We gave my dad a webcam. It's very cool! We can talk to and see Ben while we're here in Utah and he's back home in Texas. We've loved that a lot. The kids and I gave Ben the movie Invincible, and new pair of basketball shorts that Brandon picked out, and a framed photo of Ben, his 2 brothers, and his dad, that I took while at Snowbird. The kids made him cute paper ties at church that they gave him. The ties also came with lollipops, but the kids were graciously given those by their dad. :) Here's my handsome hubby and the kids that day:
My handsome hubby of 10 years, Ben.Brandon giving daddy a hug and kiss.Ben with the kids on my mom's porch.Ben wearing his ties the kids made for him.Ben's twin brother, James, "little" brother, Andy, dad (Wayne), and Ben at Snowbird. Wayne is the best father-in-law I could ever have. He loves all of us daughters-in-law and always lets us know it. He's really great and fun to be around. He loves to hang out with the grandkids and play. He's so patient. He was just called as a bishop in his ward in N. Carolina.
I have to say I have a really neat Dad. I have always looked up to him. He is a man who honors his priesthood and takes care of his family. What else can you ask for in a father? I love it when he callse out of the blue just to tell me about something cool he found online. He'll also drive for hours if he's working somewhere semi-close by just to come visit us for a few hours or overnight. He's generous and helpful and thoughtful. He's just a really cool dad. Love ya, Dad! Here's a picture I took of mom and dad at Christmas.

No comments: