Monday, November 19, 2007

Mom's Visit

The weekend before Halloween we were blessed to have my mom come visit for a few days. She teaches high school business classes so she doesn't get to come whenever she wants (which would probably be more like once a month instead of twice a year). :) We love it when she comes! It is just great to spend time with her since we don't get to be together very often with her living in Utah so we count ourselves very lucky when she can get a weekend away! We are like that with all of our family since we all live in different states.
Our weekend started out Saturday morning at Brandon's soccer tournament. The kids had fun taking walks with Grandma around the soccer field. Brandon's team won their first game, but lost the second. Mom treated us to lunch in between games. Here are some pictures from the day!

Mom, Carli, and Megan.
Daddy and Carli going for a little walk.Here's Brandon going for the ball.Kate really needs some teeth for Christmas. Got any Santa?Carli loved being with Grandma.Sunday we attended church and the kids were rehearsing for the Primary program so my mom was able to sit in and see it since she wasn't able to be here the weekend they performed it. I was glad she got to see the kids all say their parts and hear Kate sing her solo. Mom thought it was pretty great that she could see it! After church we make sugar cookies in the shape of pumpkins and ghosts. The kids had a blast, of course. Carli especially like eating the dough.


Here she is eating it out of the bowl.
She even ate what was stuck to the rolling pin!

Brandon liked "throwing" the dough, like with pizza dough.

Megan covered in flour enjoying her cookie.

I'm so grateful for such a wonderful mom who loves to come and spend time with us and know her grandkids. They all adore her!

3 comments:

Rochelleht said...

Cute pictures!! My mom is coming soon too and I'm SOOO excited! It's such a blast to have parents come visit. I look forward to that more than any vacations I take.

Kari said...

What a FUN update and post! Looks like you all had a nice visit with your Mom! I cannot get over how much your little Carli looks like your dh!

Such a cute little family you have!!

Laura said...

I LOVED it when my parents came to see me in Texas! It is such a special time! Cute pics of the kids!