Monday, November 12, 2007

Little Update and Primary Program

I left Thursday afternoon with a good friend and drove down to Austin. Kirsten's hubby had surprised her with a trip down to see me and all our friends in Austin. She and her family moved not long after we did from Austin. They have settled for a little while in Dayton, OH, so it was really exciting to get to see her for a few days! I forgot my camera--me? forget my camera?--YES, i did! :( Kirsten was kind enough to take lots of pictures of our adventures down there and will upload them for me when she gets home so I will post all about our trip when I get the pictures. Warning: there are lots of adorable little babies!

I came back from Austin Saturday night so I could be here for our ward Primary program. I'm so glad I didn't miss it! It was a wonderful day. The entire primary did so well. They sang all the songs and sounded awesome. Kate had a solo on the 2nd verse of I'm Trying to Be Like Jesus and it was so perfect. I could barely hold it together I was so proud of her! Her voice was clear and on pitch and just so beautiful! She didn't even miss a word. As her mom I was just beaming. She is such a talented little girl! I have a whole other post I'm going to do about her.

Megan got up there and said her part perfectly, too. Every time she practiced it at home she would sing the words instead of just say them so when she got up there I was fully expecting her to sing, but thankfully, she just said them the way she was supposed to. It would have been too funny. She has a beautiful voice, too, though! I can't wait to hear my girls singing duets together.

Brandon is who we were most nervous about. Last year it was a nightmare and I had to take him off the stand because of his acting out. He did really great yesterday! Up until the last 5 minutes when he started to get very fidgety he was pretty well behaved. He is one who will not get up to give a talk in Primary and he actually walked up there and said his part with no problem! So all in all it was a very successful program for us!

9 comments:

Kari said...

Oh isn't it so great to see your kids blossoming beautiful, and independent? I'm glad it was such a special day!!

Mrs. Johnson said...

I so wish I could have been there to hear the kids say their parts and to hear Kate sing. The day they practiced when I was in Keller was great, too. I was so teary as Kate was singing. I can only imagine how hard it was for you to keep it together! I'm proud of Megan, too. It would have been fun for her to sing her part! And how great that Brandon behaved well and stood right up there and said his part like a pro. I wish we had a video of that one...

Rochelleht said...

Oh, that is so sweet. I'm glad it went well. I know Katrina is glad it's over, but it sounds like it was just perfect. I'm so glad! Glad you had a fun time in Austin, too.

Julianne said...

It's funny to see you as "Mrs. Johnson," Mom! :) Thanks for commenting!

Colleen said...

I am so so so sad that I didn't get to see you guys! :( I am glad that you had a great time though.

Lyndsee Bates said...

It was so nice to see you Julianee, I am glad that you and Kirsten made the trip down! Sounds like you were very rewarded for heading home to see your kids!

Megan said...

That is so great. It sounds like your kids did great and it was a wonderful primary program. Austin sounds like it was a great trip. I'm excited to see your pictures.

Michelle said...

I'm glad it went well. I'm sure your kids will sing as good as there mom. Can't wait to see the pix from your trip.

Laura T said...

Woo-hoo! Sometimes when things get stressful, things like this happen and you have to just sit and smile and enjoy it. Congrats on a great day!