Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Utah trip (post #2)

I forgot to include this picture in the previous post about graduation. Here is my Dad with two of the red-headed grandkids, Harper and Brooke.
After the graduation Friday night we drove down to Cedar City. We got up early and headed down to St. George because my cousin, Lauren, was getting married in the St. George Temple. It was so neat to be in the temple with so many family members. It was a simply beautiful and perfect day in St. George. She was beautiful, the groom was handsome, and it was so lovely and peaceful on the temple grounds after the ceremony. We even saw Elder Holland walk up into the temple! He stopped to wave, shake hands, and say hello to everyone. That was very neat to see him in person!

Me and Brooke after the weddingAfter the wedding there was a lovely luncheon and then we headed back to the temple to go through a session with my brother, Brett, who is leaving for the Romania Bucharest Mission in a few weeks. That was really special. My parents and all of my siblings were there as well as my Grandpa and Grandma Morris, my Grandma Johnson, and a cousin and an uncle. It was wonderful to have the entire family (except Ben and a sister-in-law) in the temple together. I am blessed with such a special family! The siblings went in on a camera for Brett to take on his mission. He was pretty excited about it. Here he is after he opened it.Brooke loved spending time with Grandpa. I love this sweet picture (Brett, sorry, but you kind of ruin the shot back there on the couch. lol!) She was so content on the trip.My mom has the most beautiful lilac bushes in her backyard. We tried to get some cute pictures of Brooke after church on Sunday, but she was more interested in looking at the dog than looking at the camera.

Duh, I didn't even think to get a picture of me and Brooke on mother's day or one of my and my mom. Oh well. It was a wonderful day with my dad fixing yummy crepes for breakfast and then we had all the Cedar City family over for dinner. Dad grilled salmon and it was soooo good. All of the food was great. I was able to talk to Ben and the kids. I missed them on Mother's Day, but it was nice to have a relaxing day. :) Thanks so much, hon, for taking good care of the kids while I was gone! I love you!

3 comments:

The Houston Family said...

Kate was so cute with Nadia on Mother's Day! Remind me to tell you about it.

Fun trip!

Sandymom said...

Wow Julianne, what a wonderful trip you had to Utah. Your smiles tell it all. Your px are wonderful too. We can't wait to see you at Snowbird.

Love & Hugs

Rochelleht said...

What an awesome trip! Look at all the great things you were able to attend! And to see Elder Holland!? Super cool!