Monday, May 25, 2009

Brandon's Birthday Bash

We had Brandon's party the Saturday after his actual birthday so here's what happened the day of. He opened his main present that morning, which was sitting on the end of his bed, Rock Band. He was pretty excited about that! Later, before dinner, he was able to open the rest of his gifts, one of which was this book, Runny Babbit, by Shel Silverstein. It is the most hilarious book when you read it aloud. He also got some of his favorite toy right now, Bakugon. Don't ask me what they are, I don't understand them. :)

After gifts we ran to the park with the fam and met Megan's Girl Scout troop there for their end of the year awards. We took pizza for Brandon's birthday dinner--cheese pizza and breadsticks with dip--his absolute favorite. He was a happy guy!Brandon and his buddy, Caleb, hanging out in the tree.Sydney and Megan enjoyed being in girl scouts together.Here are some of the girls saying the Girl Scout pledge (I think)At the end they always do the circle of friendship (I don't remember what it's really called, but this sounds good) :)I don't know what Kate ate or drank, but here she is in all her glory with a blue tongue.Ben and Brooke--so sweet together! Brandon's birthday party was a great success. After Kate's huge party I was ready for a nice easy event. He invited just a few friends to come over for pizza and cake. They opened presents and just played and hung out together. Talk about easy-going. It was great! Brandon had fun and enjoyed having his friends there.
Here they all are eating pizza.Brooke was enjoying the party, too. Isn't she just so sweet?! Looks like she is waving!Opening gifts. His friends definitely know what he likes!Funny looking cake, eh? I asked him if he wanted a rectangular cake or a double layer round cake. He said, "Both." Here is what he requested. It was really yummy!

4 comments:

Jill said...

Love the cake! That's great that you made both like he requested!

The Prince's said...

Fun posts Julianne. I love hearing about the daily things. Looks like Brandon had a great birthday!

Melissa said...

I love the cake! I also love the low key parties like that!

Rochelleht said...

I love when my kids' favorite food is $5 pizza. SCORE!