Monday, August 11, 2008

Random

We haven't been on any great adventures lately or taken any fabulous pictures so I haven't thought about blogging much. I need to do better about just putting down thoughts and such since this is basically serving as my journal/scrapbook right now. We have just been enjoying the rest of this summer, but I think we are about over the "summer" thing. I'm sick of TV, messy rooms, computer games...all of it. This week it is all going off and this house is going to get cleaned and organized. I will be going through a ton of stuff and trying to purge as much as I can. We just have too much and I'm so done looking at it all over the floor. I am excited!!!



I can't wait to find out what this baby is going to be so I can get rid of the boxes and boxes of baby clothes I still have. That will help tremendously with storage space! I am 15 weeks along and all is going pretty well. I have been nauseous since the beginning and it hasn't let up yet, but I didn't expect any different since it's been the same with all my pregnancies. The only difference that I can tell so far is with the girls I didn't feel pregnant one bit when it was time to take that test. With this one and with Brandon I felt it from the beginning...hey, I gotta have some hope this is a boy, right? :) LOL. I'll try to post a pic of my belly (definitely there now!) soon.



I am almost finished with school supplies shopping--woohoo! The kids are so excited to go meet their new teachers for this year next week. I am looking forward to it, too. Brandon is going to have the same teacher he did last year and that is truly a blessing for him and me. She helped us through a lot with the ADHD diagnosis and just helping him along any way she could (like noticing him squinting at the board--hence, the new glasses last spring. :) I also look forward to a new school year and being able to go help the teachers during the day. I really love doing that and getting to know the people around the school. I will only have Carli home during the day this year until Jan/Feb so that will be nice, too!



I never blogged about the kids' last day of school last spring. They did awesome and got some great awards! Here are a few pictures:

Brandon and buddies at their little pajama party.
Megan and her great friend, Syndey standing in front of the mural they helped paint with the art teacher and showing off their little trophies.Kate with her buddies (Megan and Sydney are in there, too) before leaving class.

Kate and her awesome teacher, Mr. Garner. She adored him!



We have been spending time at the pool and enjoying the cool (sort of) water in spite of the hot weather we have been having! It has been crazy how hot and horrible it has been. I am so looking forward to cool weather!


I guess the big news is that I have a new calling. I was the Activity Days leader, but am now the new Primary President. EEK! I am excited, but a bit overwhelmed and nervous about making sure everything gets done and done right. Any helpful websites, suggestions, advice--I'll take it! :)

4 comments:

Crysty said...

Good Luck organizing! I need to do that, too! However, I think I'll have to wait until preschool/Kindergarten start!

Kari said...

I hear ya on the end of summer, and now it's time to get organized! Congrats on your new calling, you will do GREAT!! I like the sugardoodle.net website.

Melissa said...

I agree it is time for school to start. I am over the summer now and ready for some schedule to all the choas. I also have been in a organizing/nesting phase, reorganizing closets making DI runs it feels so good! Congrats on your new calling-you will be awesome! Let us know when you find out what that baby is!

Rochelleht said...

Oh WOW! Katrina is glad to hear that, I'm sure. She's been filling in for Sis. Bonnett. I can't believe that, though. What a huge calling! And pregnant! Well, if anyone can do it, you can. Congrats!