Saturday, May 31, 2008

Brett's Graduation

I am so behind on here so I will slowly try to catch up. :) Last weekend I flew home to see my youngest brother graduate from high school. It was such an awesome trip. I had a great time with my family and Ben was so great to hang out with the kids while I was gone. I have awesome friends who helped out, too, and I couldn't have worked it out without them. Thank you!!!
Me and Mom before the graduation
Here is Brett with his diploma.
Charisse (my sister) and nephew, Harper, at the graduation partyThayne (brother), Brett, and Dad at the party.Saturday we had a graduation picnic for Brett and our cousin, Seth. Here are the graduates!
We also celebrated my Grandma's 90th birthday! Wow!!! Here she is with all the grandkids who were there that day.

The view from the park. It was really stunning!

Here is a view from the hill just above the park looking down on it and past to the beautiful mountains. It was just so gorgeous.Just before I had to leave we stopped by to see this precious little baby! He is my cousin's newest addition to their family and he was just 2 weeks old. So sweet and cuddly! I just love newborns.It was a really wonderful weekend. We shopped, ate yummy food, and just hung out together. I did miss my hubby and kids, but I have to admit that a part of me enjoyed eating when the food was ready adn hot, got up when I wanted, got ready as my pace, sat through sacrament meeting and heard every word (mom and dad spoke so it was a great day to be there!), and didn't have to worry about anyone else for a few days. Of course, I worried about everyone being ok at home, but you know what I mean. ;)

I got back and went right back into the whirlwind that is my life. I will update more on that in the next post! ...another field trip, kindergarten memory books, a birthday party, feeding missionaries, last days of school, church calling, award ceremonies, preparing for our summer trip...

4 comments:

Monson Family said...

how fun! I am glad you had a great trip! I was by myself too (for the first time) and I definitely enjoyed it! We even went out to dinner and I didn't even bring my wallet! I was just so care free! Good thing my sister did! :)

Rochelleht said...

Glad you had such a great time! How nice you were able to be there. It looks gorgeous.

Jill said...

It looks like you had so much fun. That is a neat picture of your grandma and the grandkids.

Laura T said...

There is no way humanly possible that Brett is old enough to graduate, and that's all I'm going to say about that! Really, though, it's nice to see the pictures of your fam- I'm still blown away by how much everyone's changed!