Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Life

Well, what can I say? Life right now is fabulous, wonderful, stressful, rough, happy, tearful, painful, fun, messy, and going too fast! We're almost to the middle of spring break. It has been pretty good so far and I haven't had to break up too many arguments. I must say it is lovely to not have to worry about getting up on time, feeding Brooke, making lunches, getting kids out of bed, stuffing backpacks, finding shoes, and making sure everyone is dressed and ready for school so they can be on time!

That's all before 7:40 am. ;)

Then it's usually a day of hanging out with Carli and Brooke, maybe doing some shopping, laundry, dishes, puzzles, reading stories, changing diapers, feedings, e-mail checking, and trying to tidy something up. At 3 pm it gets crazy again and we go pick up the kids from school and depending on the day, heading to girl scouts, staying at the school to pick up from chimes practice, hurrying home to get snacks before piano. Homework must be done, folders signed, dinner prepared, getting ready for scouts or activity days, soccer practice, and whatever else we may have going on. What a life. :) It's my life, though, and while there are days that are difficult to get through, and kids that are hard to deal with sometimes, I know that I am blessed abundantly.

I have a husband who comes home from an awesome job and helps with dishes, gets kids to bed, helps with homework if I have to be gone, etc. I have 5 kids who I know love me because of their hugs and kisses and newborn smiles. Life is not easy with 5 kids and a house to run, but life could be no more perfect than it is now when it comes to the important things.

My dad has been talking about abundance on our family website and I would like to share some quotes he posted by President Monson from the last general conference.

"I believe that among the greatest lessons we are to learn in this short sojourn upon the earth are lessons that help us distinguish between what is important and what is not. I plead with you not to let those most important things pass you by as you plan for that illusive and non-existent future when you will have time to do all that you want to do. Instead, find joy in the journey—now..."

"We will never regret the kind words spoken or the affection shown. Rather, our regrets will come if such things are omitted from our relationships with those who mean the most to us..."

"Said one well-known author: 'Both abundance and lack [of abundance] exist simultaneously in our lives, as parallel realities. It is always our conscious choice which secret garden we will tend . . . when we choose not to focus on what is missing from our lives but are grateful for the abundance that’s present—love, health, family, friends, work, the joys of nature, and personal pursuits that bring us [happiness]—the wasteland of illusion falls away and we experience heaven on earth.'”

I have a beautiful family. Everyone is healthy. I have the gospel in my life. I have a fun and challenging calling which I truly enjoy. I have friends who support me and help me in every way I need. I have a nice home and plenty of room and plenty of food to feed my family. I am developing talents that I am so excited about.

Ben has a great job. He provides for us everything we could possibly need. He honors his priesthood and fulfills his callings at church.

Brandon is doing well in school. He is great at playing computer and video games and has an amazing mind. He has challenges and is dealing with them as well as he can.

Kate is beautiful. She is happy and friendly, talented, and smart. She has a creative mind and tries to get out of everything she can, but she keeps us on our toes. :) She's a doll when she wants to be. Her musical talents touch my heart.

Megan is sweet and sensitive, fiery and fun. She loves school and loves to play outside. She's my snuggler and hugger. She loves to give hugs and kisses.

Carli is 3. 'Nuff said. ;) lol! Really, she's such a fun daughter. It has been good to spend so much time with her. She is very good at putting puzzles together and loves to help me in the kitchen. She wants to show me everything she thinks is wonderful. She has the sweetest little voice (when she's using her nice voice) and I love to hear her talk and sing.

Brooke...is Brooke. She is the most wonderful and sweetest baby ever. She smiles at us and gives us so much love from her little 6 week old soul. We all just adore her and are so blessed to have such a beautiful sweet spirit in our home. She is definitely our little piece of heaven and we love her dearly.

I alluded to a few little challenges with the kids, but I am trying to be positive and see the good in everything. I want to be a more positive person and see the beauty and humor in more situations I would normally get upset about. I want to see the abundance in my life.

I am not an eloquent speaker or writer, but I hope I have gotten my point across.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

This is a great post. I loved those quotes that you shared and so true. Sometimes I find myself focusing my attention on things that seem important but when it comes down to it, they aren't. Time with you family building memories is what is important. You rock girl!!

Melissa said...

Thanx I needed that! It is often so easy to overlook the very things that bring us true joy. I loved the quotes as well. You are a wonderful mom with a great attitude. So here is to being more positive and readjusting priorities!

katri said...

Well said.

So true.

:)
K