Friday, April 25, 2008

Time Out For Women

Last weekend I had the privilege of attending a Time Out For Women conference in Oklahoma City with 3 wonderful friends from church. It was definitely a bonding experience. We had so much fun together. Friday night we went out to dinner and found a fabulous restaurant with authentic New Orleans cuisine. It was SO yummy!


Then we went back to have some girl talk in our beautiful hotel. Look how cute this room is:
Saturday we enjoyed the inspiring music off Hilary Weeks, who I think ended up being our favorite artist/speaker of the weekend. I love the words in her songs. They are so thought-provoking and sprititual. The other speakers were great as well. I'm short on time so I'm not going to list them. I'll post some more about them another time after I have read some of their books that I purchased while I was there.I have to tell you about this fabulous Italian cafe that we found for lunch on Saturday. They really had such yummy food. One thing I love is fried mozzarella, so when I saw it on the menu I had to order it! I was not disappointed and this fried mozzarella was the best I have ever had! YUM!We headed home refreshed and rejuvinated and ready for life again. I learned to step back and love the little moments like coloring with Kate, reading to Brandon, letting Carli hug me as long as she wants (with her arms clenched around my neck--so sweet), and cooking with Megan. What a wonderful life and family I have and what a blessing I have in the gospel. I cannot imagine my life without these truths that I have.

4 comments:

Liz said...

Looks like you had fun! Sorry I wasn't able to go after all this time around- let's aim for next year! :)

Jill said...

Thanks for organizing the whole trip Julianne. I really had a great time!

Erin Fonnesbeck said...

Yeah! There is nothing better than a rejeuvenated mommy!

Colleen said...

OH fun!!!! Glad that you guys had lots of fun together! Mommy time is the best!