Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Kate is 8!

Sunday my oldest daughter turned 8! Wow, was it really 8 years ago that we barely made it to the hospital in time and were surprised by this beautiful fiesty girl? She is one of the most creative kids I've ever met. She will sit and draw picture after picture and I'm fascinated by what she comes up with. She is also so musical. Although she is now taking piano lessons she prefers to sit and make up her own songs or figure out familiar melodies on her own. And what a voice she has. It's a treat to hear her sing!

On Easter Sunday while Ben and I were preparing dinner Kate and Megan walked in and showed us some "puppets" they had made. Here they are:

They used the Easter grass for the afro hair and Easter candy from their baskets for the faces. How cute are these?! I never would have come up with something like this. I just thought it was so funny that they would have thought to do this. Only Kate... :)

Here are Kate and Megan waiting to leave for our fun evening Saturday night. Kate asked 2 of her friends from her school class to come with us to Chili's and then to "High School Musical: The Ice Tour." I have to tell you we had so much fun! That's about the only place these girls can let loose and scream as loud as they can with all the other girls so excited to watch the show. It was so good! Everyone was singing along with the songs and clapping along. It was seriously fun! They did HSM 1 and HSM 2 so we got the whole story.

Here are Kate, Emily, and Summer. They are so cute together and all love the same things. It's so fun to have best friends!Here they all are with Megan, too, at Chilis. They are all sporting their HSM t-shirts.For her birthday Nana and Papa sent her this stylin' t-shirt and capri set. She loves it and put it right on to pose for the camera.
Here she is waiting to blow out her candles. We had the elders over after church for her birthday dinner. Kate's choice for food was steak and chicken fajitas with all the fixings. We also had mexcian rice. Ben grilled the meat out on the bbq and it was so tender and yummy. Then we followed dinner with this cupcake cake that the kids helped decorate. It was a memorable birthday! She is so excited to be 8 and to be baptized at the end of the month!

11 comments:

Rochelleht said...

How fun! I love her two little friends' glasses. SOO CUTE! I love low-key birthdays like that. Just a couple of friends and a fun night out. That's the way to go!

Jill said...

Happy Birthday Kate! Looks like a fun birthday!

Monson Family said...

I can't believe she is going to be baptized! She is getting so big! I love the whold HSM wardrobe! Too cute!

Colleen said...

Oh, Happy Birthday Miss Kate!!! Baptism already? WOW! That is great!

Katrina said...

How great! I try each year to talk my girls into that kind of party. But, somehow, they're never willing to cut their list of friends to 2 or 3. Sigh. Maybe next year!

Lyndsee Bates said...

She is so big!! Happy Birthday Kate!!! I love all their HSM clothes, stylin' girlz!!!

Erin Fonnesbeck said...

That's right! I remember when she was born...I was wishing and wishing that Mason would shortly follow...and he did a week later. They are so close in age!

Megan said...

That looks like so much fun. She is such a beautiful sweet girl. Happy Birthday, Kate!

Liz said...

Sounds like a fun party! We're taking L to see HSM on ice in Fort Worth on Saturday. She gets to bring a friend too- it was her main b-day present this year. I can't wait!

Chanda said...

What a cutie! Maybe she needs to get her own Etsy store going...

Kari said...

SO cute! I have one that turns 8 on Monday, but he is my oldest SON!!

My second oldest dd, has that same t-shirt that your dd got for her birthday! How fun!!