Monday, April 28, 2008

Kate's Baptism

Saturday Kate was baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. What a special and wonderful day it was for our family. Kate was so excited and just glowed with joy. When she came up out of the water she let out this giggle that can only be explanied as a sound of pure joy. It made everyone watching giggle as well. How sweet it was to see her so joyful.


Kate's best friend from school came to see her baptized. When Kate walked into the chapel and saw her sitting there she ran right up and gave her a huge hug and told her how glad that she was that she came. Again, Kate was just so full of joy and happiness!
Kate's school teacher also came to support Kate. She did the same thing as she did with her friend--ran right up to him and gave him a hug and was so thrilled that he had come.
Kate had all of her grandparents fly in for this special weekend. We were so glad that they were able to come. Nana and Papa flew in from North Carolina and Grandpa and Grandma from southern Utah. They are already back home, but it was so sweet to have them all with us for this occasion. We wish all of our family members could have been here, too!I am so happy for Kate having made this decision to be baptized a member of the church. She was confirmed Sunday during Sacrament meeting and then she wanted to bear her testimony (we had fast Sunday since next week is stake conference). That was neat. She was very nervous, but determined. Papa went up and helped her because mommy (me...) was too wimpy. I need to work on that. Having a daughter like Kate is teaching me many lessons. I know why I don't have any children like me--I have so much to learn from these sweet, strong-willed spirits!

5 comments:

Lyndsee Bates said...

That is so exciting! I wish I could have heard her little giggle... she sure has grown up a lot!!!

Jill said...

I'm glad the baptism was wonderful. Kate looks so beautiful in her dress!

Thayne Johnson said...

Sounds like everything went great. We wish we could've been there. Great pictures!

Erin Fonnesbeck said...

So cute! Mason's is on Saturday. I can't wait.

Melissa said...

We are so excited for Kate. We would have loved to be there. Kate looked so precious and happy. All the pictures looked good. Can't wait to see you all this summer.