Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Happenings

What a wonderful Easter weekend. Today was a really neat day. I did sharing time in Primary and it really helped me to feel the spirit and think about the true reason we celebrate Easter, our Savior Jesus Christ, than worry about all the baskets and candy and dinner, etc. We got few fun pictures this morning, but unfortunately, I didn't get individual shots except for Carli. Even poor Brooke didn't get her picture taken except for the group. Then she spit up all over her cute dress at church and had to be changed. Oh well. We'll do "pretend" Easter pictures another time. Hopefully I get to that this week while her dress still fits her. She's growing so fast! She's up over 11 lbs and almost 2 feet long. I cannot believe how much she is growing. A friend at church was holding Brooke and another friend walked in and said, "That's not your baby, is it?" LOL! She was awake and holding her head up so well and looking around. She was adorable today.

On to the Easter pictures. We woke to fun finding baskets and candy-filled eggs. The kids had a great time and it took all of about 5 minutes. Woohoo! On to breakfast, a to-die-for quiche with a hashbrown crust, thanks to Paula Deen's recipe on foodnetwork.com. All the kids, except Carli, loved it (and it even had yucky stuff like green onion...). :) Ben and I devoured it as well. YUM! Then it was on to getting everyone ready in their Easter best (have you ever tried getting 4 girls ready in the morning?). I must say Ben and Brandon both looked quite handsome as well. Then there was me...hence the no family photo this morning, just the kiddos.

Brandon coloring eggs Saturday.
Ben joined in the fun as well and this is his "Mr. Potato Head" egg.Carli was concentrating pretty hard on getting her eggs colored. It was pretty funny to watch. At first she was only coloring them green. She would just dunk the egg in and pull it right out.Kate enjoying her Easter stash.Megan loved finding the eggs. I love how excited this girl gets about things like this. She's too cute. :)Each one of these is a bit different. They all have different looks on their faces and, of course, they each had to hold Brooke for the picture.



Carli in her orange dress. She picked it out all by herself. She was totally the cutest girl around today!

2 comments:

Chanda said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the orange dress. What a cutie!

Rochelleht said...

Um, I have to concur. I am DYING over the orange dress. If I looked good in orange, I'd have to go for one myself. Plus the hair. LOVING the hair...