Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Polar Express and Class Parties

This was our 3rd year creating a train car for the Polar Express parade for the 2nd grade at our school. The kids love to do it and the parents...don't. Megan's wasn't too bad, though. It was very simple and cute. Here's Megan sporting her train car (notice the forgotten train wheels). She was so happy with the way it turned out. I thought it turned out well, too.The next day were the winter parties in the classroom. I was in charge of Megan's class party this year. It was very simple and fun (I guess simple is my motto as of late). :) We had some activity and coloring pages for the kids to do while we set up the food and then they ate.

Here are Carli, Brooke, and Megan at the party.
After eating all the yummy snacks their teacher read a fun story while they passed their book gifts "left" or "right." They loved it.It's hit or miss with the book exchange, but Megan was thrilled with her book this year. She loves the new Tinkerbell books and movies!Then it was on to Kate's party. The 4th grade always makes graham cracker gingerbread houses. Kate's was really cute, but ended up falling apart by the time we got home even though it was super glued to the plate. Oh well.
Kate and her buds during the party.
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get over the Brandon's school to hang out during his party time, but he said he had a great time. I'll have to try to get extra pictures of him this week!
We are having a good time with Grandpa and Grandma here. My mom and I took the girls to see "The Princess and the Frog" this afternoon. Everyone enjoyed it! We'll have to see what tomorrow brings. :) We are excited for Christmas! Brooke especially likes to crawl over to the tree and play with the brightly packaged gifts. I can't wait until Friday when we can let her rip them open!

2 comments:

Rochelleht said...

Looks cute! I kept our parties simple, too. Very little food, as well. Food always goes to waste at those parties.

I am LOVING Brooke's hair.

The Houston Family said...

FUN! We used hot glue on our gingerbread houses and my kids carried theirs upside down!