Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sweet Blessing

Last week my Mom and Dad came down from Utah to meet their newest granddaughter and help out for a few days. We love having them come visit us! Since we live so far away from them we don't get to have them here very often so it's always such a treat for Grandpa and Grandma to come to Texas.

Here are Kate and Grandma playing a duet.
With all the TX grandkids
We decided to go ahead and bless Brooke while they were here. They were able to bring "the dress" for her to be blessed in, which is the family blessing dress. My aunt handmade it for her first daughter and most, if not all of the daughters, granddaughters, and now great-granddaughters on my dad's side of the family have been blessed in this gorgeous dress. I just love it and am so glad I have been albe to have my girls all blessed in the same dress I was. I think it is so special.
Ben did a great job with Brooke's blessing and Brooke was the perfect little angel and didn't make a peep. She looked so sweet and precious on her special day. What a blessing these new babies are in our lives. What is better than a new spirit from Heavenly Father here on this earth to bless us with more joy and happiness?

7 comments:

Chanda said...

Wow - that dress is beautiful! I'm a sucker for tradition like that.

Laura said...

Oh! SO sweet!

Tamara said...

Oh my, that dressing is something else! Brooke looks like an angel. :)

Lybi said...

Wow! What a sweet little girl, and what a lovely dress!

Thanks for sharing! Wish we could have been there.

Erin Fonnesbeck said...

What a sweetheart! She is beautiful.

grandma J. said...

Wow, another granddaughter blessed in THE dress. She is absolutely beautiful, Julianne. I'm so happy and proud of your sweet family. I'm glad your mom and dad were able to be there for the blessing.
Congratulations to you and Ben. You're both such good little parents.

grandma J. said...

Grandma J is me--Cheryl haha.