Monday, January 19, 2009

Countdown

I am now at 38 weeks and not much to report. I was a busy little mom today, though! It's coming in spurts, this "nesting." Today I:

Swept the kitchen floor
Did Megan's laundry
Washed and dried two sleeping bags
Washed and dried a couple pillows
Wiped down all the cupboard doors in the kitchen
Kept up with the kitchen (rinsing, loading, washing dishes)
Watched a movie with my girls (Barbie, of course)
Had dr. appt. (maybe dialated to 1, all is well)
Made jello for dinner
Actually made dinner!
Walked to the park and the girls played for a while, walked home
Took friend out for a birthday outing
Made list of what to do tomorrow!

With Carli being so early 3 years ago I've been ready for anything. I realized Sunday I have not been this pregnant for 6 years, since I was pregnant with Megan. I never got to the point where I was extremely uncomfortable with Carli so this has been a little different the last couple of weeks. I saw a picture of a newborn baby girl this morning and just had this overwhelming feeling of wanting little Brooke here and I want to hold her and snuggle her now! If I don't go into labor before next Monday then we'll schedule an induction at my appt. that day. I'm really hoping it doesn't come to that because of a bad experience with pitocin and the epidural. I just hope all goes well and naturally and quickly!

So, I don't want this post to be whiney, but I'm so ready to have our little girl here!!! I better head to bed since it's back to school tomorrow. I'll update when there is any news. :) Countdown on the right is down to 14 days--YAY!

4 comments:

Laura said...

Best of luck!! I know the last month is SOOOOO hard! Hang in there!

Michelle said...

I hope you have that sweet baby girl soon too! I hope all goes well. Keep us posted.

Casey said...

Wow! What a day! My mom had nine kids and as the oldest, by the 7th, 8th and 9th, when she started cleaning like that, I knew she must be in labor because that is what she would do to get through those first hours of contractions. I hope this little baby comes soon. We can't wait to see her!

Good luck!

Liz said...

It's coming up soon! I had to keep reminding myself that at some point, the baby will have to come out- I can't be pregnant forever. Didn't help much....

You are getting ready! So exciting!